Saturday, March 31, 2001

Well, things have been crazy busy. I've been working on E-commerce since noon. I'm happy to say that I think I'm well on the way to getting the assignment done, which is good news considering I HAVE to get two more projects done this week - no excuses. Our practice presentations for 455 are next Monday, and the company presentations are on Thursday the 12th. I totally want to get everything done before my exams on the 18th. I finally got my ticket booked to Montreal on the 20th, so I am officially severing my cord with the university on the 19th. I'll have to go and clear out my lockers on the 18th sometime during the Bermuda Shorts Day mayhem.

Montreal will be a complete blast. Jerome's taking Friday off early so he can meet me at Dorval. I wonder what he has planned? All I know is I want to go to Unity on Saturday night, and get some awesome shopping done during the week. I can't wait to hang out with Jerome again.....

I filed my income tax this morning. It's amazing how easy the whole process has gotten. I built my return at www.ufile.ca, and then submitted it using CCRA's Netfile. The whole process took about 15 minutes. Ufile is VERY easy to use. I would recommend it to anyone. And considering how poor I am, I got to use the service for free.

The Management Year End Dinner and Dance (YEDD) takes place tomorrow night at the Westin. It will be a good time, I hope. It will probably be the last time I see some of the people I've stressed with over the past few years. I want to get some pictures, so I'd better not forget my camera.

Joe and I celebrated our 6 month anniversary last week. Pretty mind-blowing isn't it? Most people laughed at me when I told them that, but I think it's cute. It's the longest serious relationship I've ever had, at any rate.....I'm extremely happy with the way things are going, and I'm excited to have Joe move in with me. I think we're both laid back enough that we won't have any big problems. I will miss Cheryl though. She's been an awesome roommate for the past three years. We went out for a fewe brews the other night, and joked that we'd probably end up going out more together after we move apart!

What else, what else? The transit strike's incredibly still going on. The whole saga has become an embarrassing mess of mediocre leadership on both sides. I know of people that have lost jobs and had to drop courses because of this whole thing. Of course, the poorest people in the community are the ones who are the hardest hit because of this, but that always seems to be the way it is. Biking everyday has been getting me in condition for the triathlon season again, which is good. My skills (eg. still balance at red lights) is getting better all the time, but the drivers seem to be getting worse and worse. There are so many drivers that don't look around them, and others that just don't give a shit about all the cyclists on the road. They get angry when they have to follow you for a block and then blast by you, passing as close as they can while there engines are screaming. I get so pissed of at some of these people that don't realize legally I could ride down the middle of the lane and not let anyone pass by me. Then there are the other ones that try so hard to blast by you, and then cut you off while they have to move back in to make a right hand turn right in front of you. I've had that happen quite a few times. I don't think these people even see me when they're passing right beside me.

Anyways, enough ranting. The vehicles are getting bigger and bigger (a horrendously disturbing trend), blowing more exhaust in my face, and there's really not much I can do about it. I have to be up early in the morning to start work at 9am since I want to get off at 5pm to get to YEDD in time. Have a good weekend!