Saturday, April 21, 2001

Greetings from Montreal! I got here safe and sound yesterday afternoon. Jerome met me at the Berri/UQAM station and we dropped my stuff off at his apartment before we went out shopping (didn't waste any time there, did I?). I bought some cool shirts at a retro store (Retro Rage) on Ave. Mont-Royal, and as we went down Rue St-Denis (fantastic shopping - apparently there's a LOT more on the Plateau Mon-Royal where Jerome lives) we found some excellent buys at a few shops. I got a nice sweater on sale at Senso Mio and some new shoes at Pegabo. We went looking for a jacket for me, but to no avail. I have an idea of what I want in my head, and we weren't able to find it anywhere yesterday. We brought our wares back to the apartment, and got ready to go out. Jerome and I took the Metro back downtown to the Village and went bar hopping. I was floored by the sheer size of the Village. It's HUGE! and all gay, which is amazing. Certainly some liberties going on down there that you will NEVER see in Calgary. We checked out Sky (just newly reopened and remodelled. - very nice inside, lots of eye-candy too), Stud, Le Drugstore (HUGE bar, with a great rooftop patio wherre I"ve already eyed a spot for people watching this afternoon), and Campus (where do these grow these specimens? - especially Darren, the geographically-challenged stripper..."Calgary, Ontario?"). It was a pretty casual evening. Got back to Jerome's around 3 and crashed. We want to save our energies for shopping tomorrow afternoon, and dancing at Unity (THE Montreal bar) and Stereo (afterhours - if we're still alive) tonight. It's gonna be crazy! I'll sign in tomorrow again and let you know how things went......